10 August 2015

Mahon, Menorca | La Cantina Cafe and a boat trip

I've not been to Menorca before but it is a firm favourite with Mr P's family so this year we joined them for a week for a little summer break.

In todays post I have a great salad to tell you about plus a glass bottom boat trip. 


It was a bit of an off day on the Saturday we were there so we decided to venture out to Mahon but to be honest it worked out for the best. It had been a bit too hot for me and I could enjoy the views more as it was still bright but nice temperature to walk around in. A little bit of rain was not going to stop us enjoying our day out.

I will tell you about the boat trip in a moment but I loved the little cafe we had some tasty lunch in while we were there.

Mahon
Mrs W recommended we try the La Cantina for some lunch as she had been previously and really enjoyed the food plus admired the interiors.


There was no seats available outside when we arrived so we sat inside but I didn't mind, it was lovely in there. It was light and airy with some Portuguese songs playing to enjoy.

I think most of the furniture was Ikea (totally up my street) but there were some nice touches (simple but lovely).


If you fancied a glass of wine there were reviews and prices on the wall along with a hanging bottle so you could recognise the label (I thought it was a little brave to hang full bottles). 

I just had a sprite to drink with my salad, I had sampled the local Gin earlier in the week and decided to skip any day time drinking... oops!




I saw burgers and tapas go passed me while I was waiting for my salad, and I was having food choice regrets... but when my dish arrived I was not disappointed. 

Chicken Caesar salad has to be one of my all time faves, and there is so many variations and for me there has to be absolutely no sign of any anchovies!

Lettuce, Pine Nuts, Chicken in breadcrumbs, crispy bacon, homemade croutons and parmesan - not forgetting just the right amount of caesar sauce - I was a very happy Miss K. Easy to recreate at home and I think I will very soon.


While in Mahon we took a boat trip around the harbour, it only lasted 1 hour but I really enjoyed it and 1 hour flew by. 

When Mrs W first suggested the boat trip, I had to be honest and say I wasn't sure about going, but I went and I am glad I did.

It cost around 11 euro per adult to go on board the Don Joan and this particular boat only went out 4 times a day compared to a yellow boat which left at least double that per day and the boat was much smaller.

Source 
I hadn't been on a boat trip in years, I remember going on a lovely trip in Lake Garda, Italy years ago with my family but never a glass bottom one so I wasn't sure what I was going to see.

I started off on the middle main deck with a choice to go upstairs where it was open top or below where you could see only the water.

There was around 25 items on the list to see while on the tour and there was a full explanation about each site in English and Spanish plus a brochure if you wanted to read ahead. 

Little Venice - Richard Branson has stayed here

Miss K & Mr P enjoying the boat trip
Below deck before the boat stopped for a short time
Once stopped we could see some fish  
Out on the deck it was lovely to take in the views
There were some nice boats docked in the Marina
After the boat trip we walked back through the town, most of the shops were shut by 4pm which was a shame as I had seen some nice things to buy :-(

Mahon was a very colourful town 
Historical Fish Market
I did have a lovely day out - hope you enjoyed this post.

Love Miss K xx
Twitter / Instagram / Pinterest WantFeed @Misskeveryday
New Posts? My usual days to post are Monday & Saturday! 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Miss K everyday | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig