9 January 2016

Home | Ikea Bar Cart Hack


There is nothing I like more than to entertain and have friends over for food and drinks. So I decided that I would like a destination area in my kitchen now we have some extra space. A trolley that will hold all my nice glasses and drinks was going to be just what I needed.

Last summer I started the search on Pinterest for a 'kitchen trolley' or 'bar cart' and wow there are some amazing ones. You can pay £300+ for a gold wheeled trolley but I didn't need something so fancy. I wanted the concept and it will just evolve over time as I might spray paint it but this is my Bar Cart so far. 

I picked up the Bygel Trolley from Ikea for only £18 in September. You do have to build it yourself like most stuff from ikea but its quick to do.



Once built I organised my trolley with my alcohol collection on the bottom shelf to keep it sturdy - you could put the odd bottle of prosecco on the top shelf but I don't know if I would trust it to put more than that. 

I then hand picked my favourite glasses to put on display and some cool fruit straws and cocktail decs - these are items I would usually hide in a draw or cupboard.


I did buy one extra item that I had wanted for a while which was a cocktail / punch dispenser which was £10 from Matalan.

In the draw I keep a selection of napkins depending on the situation plus extra straws plus some cocktail books for recipes.



Hope you enjoyed this tour of my Bar Cart!

I will be doing a post on my beautiful kitchen table and chairs soon.. just looking for a few more items to finish off the space first.

Love MISS K XX
You can follow me on @Misskeveryday
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Share:

1 comment

  1. I love this! Going to try and convince Simon we need one!

    ReplyDelete

© Miss K everyday | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig