29 December 2015

North East | Miller and Carter - Newcastle

Last week I went for a late lunch at Miller and Carter in Newcastle. Mr P is a frequent visitor as he likes going with friends but I hadn't been before so while we were in Newcastle doing last minute xmas shopping we decided to go for a treat.




If out for a meal, I wouldn't usually choose a steak but i've been to a few meat specific restaurants like STK (review) and West 14th (review) and I really enjoyed eating there so I knew it would be nice.

As standard you get your chosen steak with a sauce of your choice, (i chose béarnaise) skinny fries, the yummiest crispy onions plus a wedge of iceberg lettuce with a sauce of your choice (i chose garlic mayonnaise & parmesan). 




I ordered the smallest Sirloin Steak on the menu 8oz 'well done'  ~ I know people would think this is criminal but its necessary in my opinion. I also ordered a small portion of Mac & Cheese for the side. 

For drinks I tried the Strawberry Twist which was a strawberry lemonade type mocktail which was really refreshing.

Compared to the other Steakhouses I had been to I thought the choices of sides were limited and I would have liked to see some chunky homemade chips or some roasted potatoes on offer. My friend Miss B loves mash with her Steak so I won't be able to take her here. 

The restaurant is on 3 floors but open plan, so it does feel very spacious and even for 3pm on a Wednesday afternoon it was busy so it had a good atmosphere and with Christmas songs on it did feel festive. Service was very good they did check if we were happy between courses and offered additional drinks etc but nothing too much. 

I will go back but it isn't a cheap for 2 people with a main meal and soft drinks it came to £52. So I will be on the look out for a discount code or special offer - maybe they will have a deal on for Newcastle restaurant week in January sign up for updates.


Newcastle city at sunset when we were walking back to the shops
Weather was lovely on the way into Newcastle  - Angel of the North

Love MISS K XX
You can follow me on @Misskeveryday
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Miss K everyday | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig