12 February 2016

Food | Gluten free brownies

Last week I had some girlie friends round for dinner and I wanted to make a dessert everyone could enjoy so I chose a Nigella recipe for gluten free brownies.


Table setting for my dinner party

Can't go wrong with Prosecco & Chambord

When choosing something I didn't want to use Gluten Free flour as I haven't had much success as it doesn't rise so I was really pleased when I found this recipe.

I bought all my ingredients from my favourite supermarket Lidl, this is not an advertisement.. I am just obsessed with the amazing quality and price, I will do a review of why I like it so much next week.



What you need (Based on Nigella's)
  • 225dark chocolate - 70% cocoa solids
  • 225g unsalted butter 
  • 2tsp vanilla extract 
  • 200g Caster sugar 
  • large eggs (beaten) 
  • 150ground almonds 
  • 100chopped walnuts 

I am so impressed with this 70% cocoa dark chocolate from Lidl for less than £1, the gold foil and the embossed pieces make it look much more expensive than it is. 


To make the brownies first of all you need to break up the chocolate and place it in a non stick pan - (large pan as you will be mixing all your ingredients in here).

Add the chocolate and melt on a low heat.


Add in the chopped nuts, vanilla essence and ground almonds then mix together - Next time I make this I will probably add some more mixed nuts and dried fruit.


I didn't seem to have the appropriate tin, so I greased 6 mini loaf tins and then I could split them into two pieces.

This worked out really well as they cooked through well. I baked mine for 30 minutes at 180c but it would be safer to set the timer for 25 minutes then just keep checking them. 

They still didn't look fully cooked but they were hard on top so I thought I would risk it. 


I don't have a picture of them cooked :-( but luckily my friend Miss S remembered to take a picture of hers before she ate it so here it is..... I served half a mini tin with Carte D'or Cafe Latte ice cream (amazing) and some raspberries.


Perfect treat to make for a valentines meal for 2!

Love MISS K XX
You can follow me on @Misskeveryday
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Miss K everyday | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig