22 February 2016

North East - Revisit to The Post Box - Ponteland

Yesterday I went back to a lovely cafe - The Post Box, Ponteland I discovered last June, I had been meaning to go back, but it is 30 minute drive from where I live so I combined it with a breezy walk around Northumberlandia with my boyfriends family.  The Post Box doesn't disappoint, with fabulous service and yummy food to offer.



This local vibe cafe looks gorgeous from the outside and equally on the inside. I love the history of the previous post office coming out in the decor, with red accessories and themed menu - breakfast dishes are called 'All day deliveries'. The jar lights in the window and the village post box sitting outside really makes me smile.




I pre booked the table via twitter earlier in the week as there was 6 of us and I know it can get busy. The team came back to me really quickly - what a great service!

We turned up 15 minutes early for the table which was no problem and we had the lovely large dining table that fitted the 6 of us perfectly. The table was decorated with postcards and seasonal flowers - a mix of tulips and daffodils. 




The choice of all day breakfast, burgers, soups and light bites does make it perfect for everyone, including the great kids menu which was a great hit with one of us.

I tried to choose something else but I did end up ordering the Post Box Rarebit which comes with a portion of salad, I did really fancy the pancakes and all day breakfast too but I enjoyed the rarebit so much last time it was hard not to order it again. 




The attentive service really makes the experience enjoyable, plus with a buzz of constant activity makes it a perfect location for family time and relaxing with friends.

The selection of cakes on offer were super and included an option for gluten free customers. We all decided to get a fruit scone - we were just being greedy but we just couldn't resist.




If you are visiting Ponteland or looking for somewhere new to try, I can highly recommend The Post Box, I am already thinking when can I go next.

View my previous post June 2015 - The Post Box - 1st visit review

Love MISS K XX
You can follow me on @Misskeveryday
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Miss K everyday | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig