23 April 2017

North East | Bradley Gardens, Wylam


After 2 visits in a matter of weeks, I have found my new favourite lunch spot - Bradley Gardens, Wylam (10 minutes from Newcastle). 


My first visit at the beginning of April was with my boyfriend's mum as she had been wanting to go for a while so I said I will go as I hadn't heard of it before.

It was a beautiful Sunny weekend and we had reserved a table for 12.30, after a leisurely walk around the gardens we arrived at the cafe which was full and spilling out onto the tables outside.  



The cafe is situated within a glasshouse at the top of the walled gardens and is beautifully decorated.

There is a breakfast menu from 9am until 11.30am, but on both occasions I have visited on a Saturday afternoon and chosen from the lunch menu which is full of main meals, sandwiches and amazing desserts.




On my first visit, I was excited to see my favourite on the menu... Cheese Soufflé (with spinach). I wasn't disappointed, it was so light and fluffy. It isn't something I would make at home, so it really felt like a treat. 


My boyfriend's mum ordered the Turkey Swiss sandwich which arrived with side salad and coleslaw. 

On my second visit I ordered the Egg and Cress sandwich and it was really tasty with a generous amount of filling. But when my friend Beverley's order arrived, I had food envy...she had ordered the Broccoli tart, she said it was super delicious.



I can't fault the food, everything is presented to such a high standard for the price (view the menu). I think Bradley Gardens need to show off who they have in their kitchen, there is clearly some talent behind the scenes. 


The dessert options are amazing, on my first visit we shared the Victoria Sponge which is filled with fresh cream and raspberry jam. 


On my second visit Beverley and I had a hard time choosing, we wanted cake but we couldn't resist some of the other desserts. I ended up choosing the soft brown sugar meringue with fruit and cream and B chose the chocolate mousse.



As well as eating amazing food and admiring cute flowers, there is also some lovely shops stocking some great brands including Neptune homewares, Katie Loxton plus some beautiful gifts from Emma Bridgewater and Sophie Allport.





Beverley and I have already made plans to go back to try the afternoon tea! I can't wait!

I am so pleased I have found this place, it's great to discover a hidden gem.

Location - Bradley Gardens, Sled Lane, Wylam, Tyne and Wear NE41 8JH
Website / Instagram @bradleygardens

Book a table - 01661 852 176 - cafe is open 9am - 4pm

Miss K xx

Disclaimer - All opinions are my own. Please ask before using my photos - misskeveryday@hotmail.com

Share:

1 comment

  1. I've only been the once and it was a good few years ago now ... I NEED TO GO AGAIN!!!! I always forget! Next time there's sun on the forecast I'm booking a table!

    ReplyDelete

© Miss K everyday | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig