15 April 2018

Lunch date at Middleton Lodge - Richmond, North Yorkshire

Last Saturday, I met my parents at the beautiful Middleton Lodge in the pouring April showers for a delicious lunch.




I first visited Middleton Lodge in January with my friend when she treated me to a calligraphy workshop for Christmas so I was dying to go back, I did plan to go for my birthday with my family but we were snowed in. 

It takes 30 mins from Durham to Scotch Corner where the Georgian Country Estate is only 2 minutes drive from the A1 Motorway. I reserved a table for The Coach House restaurant via the website. You may recognise this location from advertising campaigns with Barbour. 



We didn't plan a 3 course lunch, but we couldn't resist this amazing seasonal menu, we were spoilt for choice. 

For starter I ordered the Beetroot salad with whipped goats cheese and candied hazelnuts. The mixed colours of this vibrant salad with the soft cheese was so beautiful and really delicious. I would never think to add nuts to this dish and it really finished it off beautifully. This is the smaller portion, they do a larger one for a main course. 

My dad ordered the Crispy hen egg and my mum the Fish Cake in a watercress sauce.






For the main course I ordered the gnocchi with baby leaks, mushroom puree, crispy soft egg and parmesan. The gnocchi was delicious, crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside. 

My parents both ordered the pork loin with potato dauphinoise on the side.






If we were honest we were pretty full by this point, but we weren't quite ready to leave, so we waited a little bit then ordered a couple of desserts to share. 

The pistachio baked alaska was absolutely delicious and we loved the rhubarb and crunchy gingerbread and ice cream. 




The setting and decor of the coach house restaurant was so nice and country chic. The man who served us throughout our visit was very welcoming and able to recommend and talk through dishes on the menu and even got my dad to change his dessert choice. He loves rhubarb and ginger!



I highly recommend visiting Middleton Lodge if you have a special occasion coming up or you fancy escaping to the country. There are many walks to take in that neck of the woods, just waiting for the better weather now. 

Can't wait to try their Sunday lunch menu.

Kristina x
This post is not sponsored and all opinions are my own.

Share:

2 comments

  1. OMG it looks so good! I've been a couple of times for team building days with work but I've been desperate to go back for fun for such a long time, the place is just beautiful and the food looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend you and the hubby pop in for lunch, you would love it!

      Delete

© Miss K everyday | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig