29 November 2016

North East | Wynyard Hall spa and gardens


Following on a previous post  from the Ramside, believe it or not in the same week I went with my friend Barbra to Wynyard Hall day spa.

I have only been on a couple of spa days in the last couple of years and I have always just thought they were too expensive and very much a treat for a special occasion, but i'm starting to change my mind.

Surprisingly this spa day cost less than £30 each and this included spa time, access to the walled gardens and lunch. 


Barbra made the reservation a couple of months in advance as we both booked some holiday from work, we were celebrating B's birthday. 

The mid-week spa offer is £20 per guest and you are able to use the spa facilities for 2 hours which includes use of the 2 outdoor jacuzzi hot tubs, deck chairs and benches with amazing views of the lake, plus use of the indoor thermal suite, salt inhalation room and the herbal sauna.  

You can also pay an additional £15 each if you want to try the rasul mud treatment or £18.50 per person for afternoon tea.

When we arrived, we were checked off by the welcome team and were shown to the orangery where we had to sign a health and safety disclaimer. Then we were provided with fluffy brown robes, white cloth flip flops and towels so we could go and get changed.

The atmosphere in the spa was scented in lavender and there was relaxing music played.



We were so lucky with the weather, crisp and bright.




To keep yourself hydrated, we were asked to help ourselves to flavoured waters in this central area which was surrounded by the different treatment rooms.




We took a look round all the facilities and then the hot tub on the main deck was free so we decided to start there. There were 6 other guests there using the facilities at the same time, but we rarely saw each other and we just took it in turns to use the different spots. 

This is a very different experience than the Ramside even though there are clearly similarities. But the result from both is that I came away feeling pampered and relaxed.

Wynyard feels exclusive as there isn't many people there at the same time, the view from the hot tub makes you feel like you have truly switched off as you only had birds for company.

Ramside's facilities are more grand as they are on a larger scale and it can accommodate more people, it too has an outside hot spa pool but this can fit up to 15+ at one time so no real escapism but fun all the same. I can see positives of each but this allows you to choose what kind of spa experience you are after.



The views from the jacuzzi really were amazing, and there was also relaxing music played outside which you could hear when the bubbles weren't on. 

We then ventured inside to try the thermal suites and my favourite was the sauna. I honestly felt like I was in the middle of nowhere when I looked out of the window.



The 2 hours went by pretty fast but we spent the last 30 minutes back out in the jacuzzi this really was the highlight. 

We had found a deal on itison.com and I had booked a voucher for entrance to the walled gardens and lunch for 2 including a hot drink so instead of opting for the Afternoon Tea at the spa, we headed up to the gardens to spend the rest of the afternoon.

We had much needed hot chocolates, then I opted for a quiche with salad and B had a yummy toasted cheese sandwich before heading out into the walled gardens. The gardens really reminded me of the rose garden at Alnwick and I can't wait to come back here in spring and summer as I am sure it would look beautiful in full bloom. 







We were so sad our day was over by the time 3.30pm came around, so we had 30 minutes before the cafe closed so we headed back inside to get warm and share some green tea and raspberry cake with some coffee and tea.


I think this is a very affordable way to have a taste of spa luxury. It is located half way between Durham and Middlesborough so it wouldn't be far to travel from both. The facilities are of a high standard and the service provided in both the spa and cafe / gardens was perfect.

I would certainly recommend trying out the mid week spa option or you can also view other packages available.

Location - Wynyard Hall, Teesvalley TS22 5NF

Love Miss K xx
You can follow me on @Misskeveryday

Have you liked my Facebook page yet? Keep up to date with all my latest Instagram and blog posts!

Please contact me before using my images.

Disclaimer - This is not an advert, I paid for this experience with my own money and all opinions are my own.

Share:

3 comments

  1. Wow that is such a bargain and it looks beautiful! My spa wish list for the North East is getting rather long and I need to start ticking it off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Chloe, you must go with the girls or your hubby! Thanks for reading :-)

      Delete
  2. Love this post, the outdoor part looks amazing as does that hot chocolate! X

    ReplyDelete

© Miss K everyday | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig