11 October 2020

Day trip | Bamburgh Castle & Beach Walk


Last week I headed 1 hour north to visit Bamburgh Beach which sits in a backdrop of the beautiful Bamburgh Castle. With free parking on the streets or in a large car park at the bottom of the village its a cheap day out. 

There is a selection of cafe's, pubs and small shops within the village so it has a bit of something for everyone.



By cutting through the village green at the foot of the castle you reach sand dunes by small footpaths which lead you down onto the beach. 


It was pretty busy on the beach but as it is so large you can sit and take in the view without being near anyone else.

I am trying to walk more using my Fitbit armband as my motivation, I didn't realise how little steps I sometimes do during the working week. I am walking my step goals on weekends no problem but when I am sat at my desk and if I don't get time to take a short walk on lunch I do end up doing 50% less than I should be. 

Now the weather is improving I have decided to start taking walks around the block. When I think I have done enough I check the app on my phone and if I haven't hit my goal of 8 - 10k steps I have to keep walking.

Anyways I have got off track. Bamburgh beach does go for miles and in all I walked for nearly 3 hours up and down the beach until it got a bit cold and windy.

I love to write in the sand



It is sometimes hard to know what to wear and if I am local I wear trainers and gym gear but if I am heading further afield I feel like I should be more dressy so I went with jeans, ankle boots and Barbour jacket. 

After a long walk I had a 99 flake ice cream before heading back home - Yum!


Love Miss K xx
Twitter / Instagram / Pinterest WantFeed @Misskeveryday
New Posts? Come back Monday & Saturday!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Miss K everyday | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig